Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I love my Momma




I was in a rather good mood today until I got that evil little seed of doubt in my mind about relationships past.


The following emails between my mother and I cheered me up right away!


Me: Tonight I am going to eat celery and peanut butter and finish Eat Pray Love, then shower, and bed early.. do you need help packing?


Mom:  Sure darling…I’d love help J

Me: I'm having a bad day right now, I'm all blue about "L" (our not so secret code for Lorin lol) I'm so done feeling this way. Celery to the wind! Pie is a must tonight

Mom: Celery belongs in the wind… it was never meant to eat… not for long anyway; as an accompaniment, yes, course! In a casserole, you bet… filled with cream cheese or peanut butter on a try at a party… ok, they are good there… even scooped into cottage cheese…

But for a meal? Nope.


Pie, on the other hand is meant as a meal…


Or a small slice from time to time to feed that “I need a smidge of sweetness” moment…


I always remember travis’ look of sheer amazement that we had yummies at the wait and whim of us ladies of Cheshire ct.


Like a good pair of strappy sandles… a slice of pie just fits right with a girl…


And for the record…. I know. L.
Momma said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, my momma said.

***


lol I love my momma.

1 comment: