Friday, May 6, 2011

randoms, just like life


  • Should I be offended or relived that the "Walmart Licker" hasn't licked my toes as of yet? Common man... these are good toes.. right?

  • "When the going gets tough, make sweets". That's my new motto..and explanation for the t-shirt over my bathing suit situation
  • "Operation Self-Esteem--Day Fucking One."
    — Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.
Maya Angelou

  • My hair goes both ways
  • Men found saying "Real men {dot, dot dot}" are often doing things real men are never found doing.
  • Never cared for the green nail polish .. but a good mint color sounds pretty good.mmmmm...mint. wait?
  • Many times in life... I over hear things that make me crack.up. on the inside. But last night I just let it fly at Walmart when I over heard this woman announce, "Fine! String me up! Shoot me! Put me on trial the next I try and smoke near an entrance.. ooooooo I'm sooo sorry!"...I thought wow.. that was really dramatic, and I don't think she really means it when she said "I'm sorry". Then the man with her mumbles.. "that was a bit much.." LOL I lost it and they turned to stare at me but I don't care.. he said just what I was thinking bahaha..

  • Bridget Jones makes some good points. Just sayin
  • My hair products and soap are now safe and sound in the bathroom as the roommates girlfriend is no longer welcome after eating an entire box of another roommates nutrition bars.. in three days. Oh because she stole my tampons. that too.

  • Once, the guy I liked and was starting to date came over to surprise me. I was home. Car parked out front, window open, in the bathroom while I cleaned. But when the door bell rang I ducked. I had a sneaking feeling it was him, and I hid? Then my phone went off. It had a text front him, "I'm out front". I ignored it, and on my hands and knees crawled out into the hall where you couldn't see from any window, or angle. I sat there nervous on the cold hard tile as the door bell rang again, and finally the knocking stopped. I HIDE. From the guy I liked.
  • Best part? My dog must have picked up my vibe because she didn't bark at the bell, or stand in sight staring at me wagging her tail giving me away. She actually slinked her way over to my side never breaking eye contact and came and sat next to me. We then both stared at the tile we were now perched permanently on until we heard a car door shut, her gaze shot up at me. I smiled and nodded "yes", then the two of us, still in stealth mode crawled to the window to see if his car had pulled away, we watched as it did and then with a sigh and hint of humiliation I stood up, gave my dog a treat, and continued on with my day.

  • "Tis' better to live your own life imperfectly than to imitate someone else's perfectly."
    — Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)



"I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism."

— Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)

Have a wonderful Friday all!


1 comment:

  1. just wanted to let you know i stopped in and enjoyed this randomness.

    ReplyDelete