Friday, May 20, 2011

BlindSight


I was recommended this movie through Netflix (thank you Netflix.. no one knows me like you do!) after I watched 127 Hours.

"Six blind Tibetan teenagers that climb the Lhakpa-Ri peak of Mount Everest, led by seven-summit blind mountain-climber Erik Weihenmayer." What they don't tell you are the amazing stories behind each of these six teens, and how they came to be at the school of a blind German woman (Sally) who came to Tibet to open the school, and provide an encouraging place for these kids to learn, and come to know that they really CAN do anything. The movie also has a narrator that you can go into settings and turn off, it is for visualy impared viewers. I kept it on and from time to time would close my eyes and see if I could see the movie in my minds eye from the narrators descriptions. I could.. he was very good.
via
At the end of the movie a small boy is standing barefoot in the dirt outside a building singing at the top of his little lungs, "I can't see me Loving no body but you.. for all my life. When your with me baby the skys will be blue..." and sings this awesome Turtles song. It was endearing, up lifting, and made me so happy that such a happy fun, silly song made it's way over the sea, through the mountains, and into this small Tibetan village to this small boy.

I highly recommend.

Sometimes I get down thinking the there isn't enough good.
When I see a friend who is heart broken, and stuck in the pain.
When I hear crazy rants on the radio. That scandals are more news worthy then actual events and policies.
When I feel like people just don't care.

Then I get over myself and am able to come to the other side of that negative mole hill and see that the world is FILLED with people who care, and are making their own differences to the people they reach out to. If it is a friend in need, or a child in Tibet who can't see.
via



"I am blind in my eyes, but not in my heart"-14yr old boy Tashi

2 comments:

  1. This movie sounds amazing, although I'm absolutely terrified to watch 127 Hours so...we'll have to see if I can handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so going to watch Blindsight on NetFlix. Have you read Three Cups of Tea? It's a truly inspiring story and I really recommend it.

    ReplyDelete